Spousal Support

New Life, New You

Finances seem to be an issue for just about everyone — especially if you are going from a married lifestyle to a single one. Establishing a new home takes money. If you have been a stay-home parent, you may find yourself suddenly back in the workforce and not making the income you did before you had children.

We at Camarata & Marren, LLP understand that there are cases where spousal support is needed after a dissolution. Whether it is a five-year period while you get back on your feet or permanent maintenance based on a long-term marriage, we will work to ensure that you have the means to move onto your new life.

Experienced, Trusted

We take our clients cases seriously. We believe in our duty to ensure the best possible outcome for your case. A spouse in California who was married fewer than 10 years generally can expect spousal support for no more than half of the length of the marriage.

Those married more than 10 years will receive an indefinite support order, though indefinite does not necessarily mean permanent. Over time, the court can consider factors such as job skills and income of the recipient, the needs of the recipient in maintaining the marital standard of living, and career training or further education, etc. When the payer is also making child support payments, lumping the two supports under the category of "Family Support" can result in tax savings for the payor.

The Smart Choice

At Camarata & Marren, LLP, located in Temecula, California, we provide exacting and experienced legal counsel. We are dedicated to the well-being of our clients and as Certified Family law Specialists, we have the knowledge and skills to attain the best possible outcome for your case. We offer free consultations, so contact one of our attorneys today at 951-405-5000.